The imposing French Alps and Haute-Savoie region with spectacular panoramic views, endless country roads and energy sapping, yet breath-taking ascents!
Take the Leap!
- Conquering the 21 epic switchbacks of Alp D’Huez
- Gentle ride around Lake Annecy and the steady climb of Col de Forclaz(Montmin)
- The climb of Semnoz, with its magnificient views of Lake Annecy
- Taking on the Haute Category climbs of: Col d’Izoard, Col du Lautaret , Col du Glandon and Col du Galibier
Dates: Between June – September
Price: From €2800 (pricing dependent on chosen accommodation and activities)
Duration: 7 nights, 8 days (may be customized)
Group Size: up to 10 guests
Accommodation: Hotel, Guest House, or Gites
As a cyclist, there is nothing more rewarding than looking down from the summit and seeing the climb you have conquered.
Below are some of our favourite routes as well as their distances and elevations.
|Annecy > Lac D’Annecy > Col du Forclaz > La Chappelle -St-Maurice> Col de Leschaux > Annecy||73km||1420m|
|Saint-Joriaz > Cote Du Puget > Col De Leschaux > Le Chatelard > Cote D’allion-Le-Vieux > Col Des Pres > Mont Revard > Semnoz||100km||1698m|
|Annecy> Leschaux > Aix Les Bains> Le Bourget-du-Lac >La Chappelle-du-Mont-du-Chat > Aix Les Bains||90km||644m|
|Bourg-d’Oisans > Allemont > Col de la Croix de Fer > Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne>Col du Télégraphe > Col du Galibier > Le Lautaret > Alpe-d’Huez||174km||5000m|
|Saint Jean de Maurienne> Modone>Lanstebourge Mont Cenis> Bonneval-sur Arc > Col de I’Isran > Val d Isere||89.2km||1870m|
|Briancon>Col de Montgenevre> Cesana> Ouix> Beaulard>Bardonecchia > Col de L’ Echelle >Val- des- Pres> Briancon||88km||1384m|
Look before you leap
| Col de la Forclaz (8.2km)
|Col de Leschaux (3.6km)
|Mont Revard (15.9km)
| Semnoz (10.7km)
|Col de la Croix Fry (12.7km)
|Col de la Croix de Fer (27.5km)
|Alpe d’Huez (14.1km)||8.2%||1,698.9m|
|Col du Galibier (18km)
|Col de la Madeleine (24.6km)
|Col de Telegraph (11.7km)||7.3%||855.8m|
|Col d’Izoard (19.9km)
|Col du Lautaret (34.1km)
|Col du Granon (11.5km)||9.2%||2,413.1m|
|Col d’Ornon (11.11km)
Activities To Do
Although cycling is our passion, at FLS we believe that in order to create an outstanding holiday it is essential to discover and experience the many local treasures. During the tour we will allow ample time for sightseeing, en-route breaks and provide a wide range of off the bike options. This includes visits and activities, such as rustic cooking courses, hot air ballooning, competing in a GRAN FONDO cycling event and exploring historic monuments and sites. You may also choose to absorb the culture with trips to local cafés and quaint regional markets. Remember our riding options are flexible allowing you to ride as little or as much as you like. If you need some ‘pamper time’, take a day off to relax and immerse yourself in the local environment.
All of which, the FLS team endorses with a passionate yes, mais oui!
- The duration of each tour is 7 nights; however, should you wish to spend more time with us, this can be arranged.
- We provide personal collection upon arrival and return from an airport or train station.
- Intimate group sizes of up to 10 guests will ensure that each of you receive personal assistance
- We ensure that your memories will last a lifetime by capturing your experience in photographs and videos. We will ensure a complimentary copy is given to you.
- Carefully selected accommodation for the duration of the tour, will ensure that your time off the bike is just as memorable, as your time spent on the bike (please take careful note, that the accommodation you select in the Request and the Booking form may influence the pricing).
- Breakfasts and most lunches for the duration of the tour will be provided. Catered picnics in beautiful settings will also be offered. Three evening meals will be provided as part of the pricing.
- All other evening meals and outings will NOT be included in the price.
- The distance and difficulty of each day’s riding are flexible to ensure that you can make the most of your experience.
- Bicycle hire is available at an additional cost, and the choice is Road, hybrid and electronic bicycles.
- Drinks and food supplements will be provided each day, for the duration of the tour.
- The support vehicle may accompany the ‘peloton’, depending on the difficulty of the route.
- An extensive range of off the bike activities and opportunities to truly explore and discover your surroundings
- To commemorate your holiday with us you will receive a custom designed FLS cycling kit (which includes jersey, bib shorts and water bottle)
We believe that exceptional accommodation is essential in creating a memorable experience. Thus, the type of accommodation is essentially driven by area, duration and quality and therefore we have an eclectic mix of preferred chateaux/bed-and-breakfasts /hotels/gites, that we have developed relationships with. The photographs are indicative of these preferred venues chosen for their attractive location and superior facilities, while dovetailing with our Art of Life requirements.